vendredi 29 janvier 2010

Interview du groupe Trash Yourself

Could you please introduce yourself one by one ?

HEIDI ROSE CANNON, nice to meet you!
Hi I'm John Bourke, DJ and noise maker of Trash Yourself.




Who made up the band name ? Has it a special meaning ?

HEIDI: John made it up on a whim. We were debating the damn name for too long with music we were dying to share with the public on myspace, you can't start a band page without of course , a band name. He threw it out and I agreed. I think the name has a kind of bad ass appeal yet does not take itself too seriously. It has no meaning accept the obvious which is go fucking trash yourself and live life with no regrets.



How did the band get formed? How did you meet yourself ?

HEIDI: Oh well anyone that is cool in the state of Oklahoma (middle of United States), knows each other. I am a very vocal and social girl, it is kind of hard to miss me. People know John Bourke as kind of the guy that throws the dance parties.. and me as the girl you won't forget at all the parties. We quickly became friends and the rest is history. We are both really weird unique individuals who were destined to do weird and unique things. Nature and natural chemistry bring these types of people together!


May you describe your music ?

HEIDI: A sexy girls voice paired with crazy talented beats.. leaving you both confused and turned on.



Which tool do you use for producing your sounds ?

JOHN:
Ableton and a extensive list of VSTs.
Avalon preamp and u87 for vocals
Krog MS-20 run through a culture vulture for some crazy distorted sounds
Talkbox sometimes
Mainly I do everything "In The Box".. on the computer.



How do you compose your sounds?

HEIDI: once again JOHN... and I can say that of course part of the sound is me just being creative on the microphone.. sometimes I yell something like die.. and the emotion behind it is enough to create a whole song around!!! go listen to die!



What are your main influences?

HEIDI: van she, unckle, sebastien tellier, maps, sneaky sound system, junior boys, glass candy, green velvet, heads we dance, the knife , our good friends ladytron and so so much more!! I love in particular many french sounding dance music! Of course old school dj shadow, depeche mode, portishead
JOHN: Some of my influences for Trash Yourself are Nine Inch Nails, Shiny Toy Guns who are dear friends of ours, Atari Teenage Riot, The Toxic Avenger, Ladytron, etc..



How did you meet The Toxic Avenger and Kill Hannah ?

HEIDI: Toxic was referred to John Bourke by a buddy of ours and simply made connections with him online from France.. Since then he has visited me a couple of times in Oklahoma and you would not believe how close we have become. Simon and I are practically soul mates and we are instantly transformed into best friends if not more (wink wink), when we see each other. Simon brings out an amazing energy in me that I can not describe. I met Kill Hannah guys through John Bourke and I can only guess that they met because John has a tendency to book performers to DJ his party that come to our home state of Oklahoma to perform concerts.



How do you prepare your gigs ?

HEIDI: We do not prepare accept to look within ourselves and say .. "I'm here to serve the purpose of blowing minds, this I will do as my natural duty as a bad ass human being"
JOHN:  Well put.




How did the audience reply on your music?

HEIDI: UM.. during concerts we are well liked.. people seem to really enjoy me adding an extra element to the boring dj scene. Online we are mega loved!



Could you give me a list of your current favorites tracks ?

HEIDI: I love the XX remix of Florence and the Machine you've got the love and also I love the dragonette and van she song pick up the phone
JOHN: Armand Van Helden's remix of "Dance the Way I Feel" is at the top of my list.  I'm liking a lot of disco house and minimal right now.



What do you talk about in your songs ?

HEIDI: arrogance, sex and youth revolt.



You are currently working on an album, what can we expect of it ?

HEIDI: Maybe that you might want to fuck someone. You can't expect anything because all I can tell you is prepare for the unexpected.



Having played in many different venues, and countries, you must have some crazy or embarassing stories to go with it?


HEIDI: No comment .. There are too many... I have done everything from watch a peeping sex show in Amsterdam with a Ladytron member to hmmm why don't I just not tell you .. because you don't deserve to know unless you come to a show and create a memory with me.  




If you have some final words to add, please do it here.

HEIDI: No I mean one day I wish to live outside of America and I'm still growing as a young girl.. I just hope you enjoy the evolution of my band and I hope that you truly take time to enjoy yourself as well and your talents.. so that I can continue to be inspired by life's artistic and confident contributors to counter culture. Thanks!
JOHN: We love to hear from you.  Become our friends here:
myspace.com/trashyourself
myspace.com/johnbourke
facebook.com/johnbourke
facebook.com/heidicannon
twitter.com/johnbourke
twitter.com/heidicannon
Hope to see you in your town soon!
<3 Trash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres